Arizona center Deandre Ayton is expected to be one of the first picks in the 2018 NBA Draft. The NBA Draft Lottery, which takes place on Tuesday (4:30 p.m. PT on ESPN), will have a big impact on where the former Wildcat will play next season.
Ayton, who averaged 20.1 points and 11.6 rebounds per game as a freshman, was named the Pac-12 Player of the Year and Pac-12 Tournament MVP in 2018. He is currently projected to be the No. 1 pick in the NBA draft, according to NBADraft.net.
The three teams with the best odds of landing the No. 1 pick are the Phoenix Suns (25 percent), Memphis Grizzlies (19.9 percent) and the Dallas Mavericks (13.8 percent).
The Suns would obviously love to land the top pick in the draft and would take a long look at selecting Ayton from just down the road in Tucson.
Here are the odds for every team in the 2018 NBA Draft Lottery:
- Phoenix Suns – 25 percent
- Memphis Grizzlies – 19.9 percent
- Dallas Mavericks – 13.8 percent
- Atlanta Hawks – 13.7 percent
- Orlando Magic – 8 percent
- Chicago Bulls – 5.3 percent
- Sacramento Kings – 5.3 percent
- Cleveland Cavaliers – 2.8 percent (from Brooklyn Nets)
- New York Knicks – 1.7 percent
- Los Angeles Lakers – 1.1 percent (will go to Boston if No. 2-5, will go to Philadelphia if No. 1 or No. 6-30)
- Charlotte Hornets – 0.8 percent
- Detroit Pistons – 0.7 percent (will go to Los Angeles Clippers if No. 5-30)
- Los Angeles Clippers – 0.6 percent
- Denver Nuggets 0.5 percent