North Carolina basketball announced its nonconference schedules on Friday, highlights by a pair of games with Big Ten opponents and a trip to Oregon for the PK80 Tournament.
The Tar Heels, who open Nov. 10 against Northern Iowa, will face Michigan on Nov. 29 in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and Ohio State to close its out-of-conference slate on Dec. 23 as part of the CBS Sports Classic in New Orleans.
But the likely marquee moment comes in the PK80 Tournament, as UNC is one of 16 teams playing in Portland to honor Nike founder Phil Knight. UNC begins play in Portland on Thanksgiving Day against the University of Portland. The Tar Heels will play either Arkansas or Oklahoma on November 24th and either Connecticut, Georgetown, Michigan State or Oregon on November 26.
The Tar Heels will play seven nonconference games at home, facing UNI, Bucknell (Nov. 15), Michigan in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge (Nov. 29), Tulane (Dec. 3), Western Carolina (Dec. 6), Wofford (Dec. 20).
Carolina will also play seven games away from home, including four neutral-site contests and three away games. The Tar Heels play at Stanford (Nov. 20), at Davidson (Dec. 1 in the Spectrum Center in Charlotte) and at Tennessee (Dec. 17).
UNC plays an exhibition game against Barton College (Oct. 27).
The full schedule is below
- Oct. 27 vs. Barton College (exhibition)
- Nov. 10 vs. Northern Iowa
- Nov. 15 vs. Bucknell
- Nov. 20 at Stanford
- Nov. 23 vs. Portland (PK80 in Portland, Ore.)
- Nov. 24 vs. Arkansas or Oklahoma (PK80 in Portland, Ore.)
- Nov. 26 vs. Connecticut, Georgetown, Michigan State or Oregon (PK80 in Portland, Ore.)
- Nov. 29 vs. Michigan (ACC/Big Ten Challenge)
- Dec. 1 at Davidson (Spectrum Center in Charlotte)
- Dec. 3 vs. Tulane
- Dec. 6 vs. Western Carolina
- Dec. 17 at Tennessee
- Dec. 20 vs. Wofford
- Dec. 23 vs. Ohio State (CBS Sports Classic in New Orleans)