Oklahoma State finally locked up its quarterback for the 2019 class.
San Clemente (Calif.) quarterback Brendan Costello committed to the Cowboys on Wednesday.
247Sports.com rates the 6-foot-1, 185-pound quarterback as a 3-star prospect and the No. 18 dual-threat quarterback in the country.
ORANGE COUNTY➡️ORANGE COUNTRY
— Brendan Costello (@brendancostello) June 13, 2018
Costello wasted no time jumping on his Oklahoma State offer, which came on June 5.
The quarterback’s other offers were from Air Force, Army, Brown, Eastern Washington and UC Davis.
While he’s gone mostly under the radar during his recruitment, Costello seemed to impress Oklahoma State coaches at a recent summer camp in Stillwater, Okla.
The Cowboys, who missed on key 2019 target Grant Gunnell, seemed headed down a dangerous path of running out of quarterback options.
Offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich and coach Mike Gundy found a diamond in the rough, however, from the same school that produced current and former NFL quarterbacks Sam Darnold, Bill Kenney and Chase Rettig.
- TE Grayson Boomer, 4 stars, Collinsville (Okla.)
- QB Brendan Costello, 3 stars, San Clemente (Calif.)
- OLB Na’Drian Dizadare, not rated, Evangel Christian Academy (Shreveport, La.)
- ATH Thomas Harper, 2 stars, Karns (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- DE Isreal Isuman-Hundley, 3 stars, Liberty Christian (Argyle, Texas)
- DT Jayden Jernigan, 3 stars, Allen (Texas)
- CB Demarco Jones, 3 stars, Booker T. Washington (Tulsa, Okla.)
- CB Xavier Player, 3 stars, Steele (Cibolo, Texas)
- DT Xavier Ross, 3 stars, Cedar Hill (Texas)
- DE Kody Walterscheid, 3 stars, Muenster (Texas)
- P Tom Hutton, 2 stars, ProKick Australia (Australia)