Richmond (Texas) Fort Bend Bush safety Jamal Morris is headed to Oklahoma.
The composite 4-star prospect committed to the Sooners on Friday. Oklahoma’s offense was having all the fun with recent commitments, but Morris gives Oklahoma its second defensive commitment of 2019.
Check out Morris’ sick announcement video:
Sincerely, ….. ✍🏾#Committed
— Jamal Morris (@KinngMorris) April 13, 2018
Morris, listed at 6-foot-2, 185 pounds, was also considering LSU and Texas. He joins Oklahoma’s loaded 2019 class that now ranks first in the Big 12, according to 247Sports.com.
Morris is the No. 19 safety prospect in the country and No. 34 overall prospect from Texas, according to 247Sports. He’ll be the highest-rated safety Oklahoma has signed since Robert Barnes if Morris keeps his commitment.
A pair of 4-star wide receivers, Theo Wease and Arjei Henderson, also committed to Oklahoma on Friday. The trio of Oklahoma commitments on Friday should provide the Sooners with a lot of buzz for its huge recruiting weekend.
The Sooners spring game is scheduled for 2:15 p.m. ET, Saturday, and it seems like the fun is just beginning for coach Lincoln Riley’s program.
Oklahoma football’s 2019 commits
- WR Arjei Henderson, 4 stars, Fort Bend Travis (Richmond, Texas)
- S Jamal Morris, 4 stars, Fort Bend Bush (Richmond, Texas)
- QB Spencer Rattler, 4 stars, Pinnacle (Phoenix)
- TE Austin Stogner, 4 stars, Prestonwood Christian (Plano, Texas)
- WR Trejan Bridges, 4 stars, Hebron (Carrollton, Texas)
- DE Kori Roberson, 3 stars, Manvel (Texas)
- WR Theo Wease, 4 stars, Allen (Texas)