Oklahoma’s 2019 recruiting class is on a roll ahead of the team’s spring game.
Allen (Texas) wide receiver Theo Wease recommitted to the Sooners on Friday. He was Oklahoma’s second commitment of the day.
Richmond (Texas) Fort Bend Travis wide receiver Arjei Henderson was the first.
— Theo Wease Jr (@_TheoWeaseJr) April 13, 2018
Wease is rated as a 4-star prospect by the 247Sports composite rankings. He’s also listed as the No. 31 overall prospect and No. 5 wide receiver in the 2019 class.
He originally committed to Oklahoma on Feb. 19, 2017, but he later de-committed from the Sooners on April 24, 2017.
Nearly a year later, Wease chose Oklahoma over college football heavyweights Alabama, LSU, USC and Texas A&M.
His commitment is another huge boost for what should be a great recruiting weekend for Oklahoma. Coach Lincoln Riley is expecting a packed house of visitors on Saturday for the Sooners’ spring game.
Wease and Henderson’s commitments should provide Oklahoma with a lot of momentum heading into the summer. It’ll help they’ll both be in Norman, Okla., for the Sooners’ spring game to talk with other recruits.
Oklahoma football’s 2019 commits
- WR Arjei Henderson, 4 stars, Fort Bend Travis (Richmond, Texas)
- QB Spencer Rattler, 4 stars, Pinnacle (Phoenix)
- TE Austin Stogner, 4 stars, Prestonwood Christian (Plano, Texas)
- WR Trejan Bridges, 4 stars, Hebron (Carrollton, Texas)
- DE Kori Roberson, 3 stars, Manvel (Texas)
- WR Theo Wease, 4 stars, Allen (Texas)