Pitt basketball released its men’s basketball nonconference schedule on Monday. The 13-game slate is highlighted by a visit from long-standing rival West Virginia.
The visit by the Mountaineers on Dec. 9 marks the 184th installment of a rivalry that dates to 1904. It will be the first meeting between the schools since 2012.
The Panthers open their 2017-18 season on Nov. 10 at Navy.
The full nonconference slate for Kevin Stallings’ squad:
- Nov. 10: at Navy Veteran’s Classic, Annapolis, Md.
- Nov. 13: vs. Montana, Legends Classic
- Nov. 15: vs. UC Santana-Barbara, Legends Classic
- Nov. 20: TBD (Penn St/Oklahoma St/Texas A&M) Legends Classic, Brooklyn, NY
- Nov. 21: TBD (Penn State/Oklahoma St/Texas A&M) Legends Classic, Brooklyn, NY
- Nov. 25: vs. Lehigh
- Nov. 28: vs. High Point
- Dec. 1: vs. Duquesne (PPG Paints Arena)
- Dec. 5: vs. Mount St. Mary’s
- Dec. 9: vs. West Virginia
- Dec. 16: vs. McNeese State
- Dec. 19: vs. Delaware State
- Dec. 22: vs. Towson