The 2018 West Virginia recruiting class currently holds 21 commitments, and the Mountaineers are aiming to lock down most of those recruits during the early signing period this week.
Most of the Mountaineers’ early signees indeed plan to sign their National Letters of Intent on Wednesday, Dec. 20. West Virginia’s No. 1 recruit, 4-star defensive end Dante Stills, is among those expected to sign on that date.
If all 21 recruits were to sign between Wednesday and Friday, that would leave the Mountaineers with four spots to fill before the traditional National Signing Day on Feb. 7, 2018.
Follow along here for all the latest West Virginia recruiting updates during the early signing period.
Projected West Virginia signees in the early signing period
Most of the 2018 West Virginia recruiting class is expected to sign during the early signing period. Here are the expected signings for West Virginia this week:
- DE Dante Stills, 4 stars, Fairmont, W.Va.
- S Kwantel Raines, 4 stars, Aliquippa, Pa.
- ATH TJ Banks, 3 stars, North Versailles, Pa. (East Allegheny)
- CB Joshua Norwood, 3 stars, Northwest Mississippi CC (Valdosta, Ga.)
- G Blaine Scott, 3 stars, Portsmouth, Ohio (Sciotoville)
- TE Mike O’Laughlin, 3 stars, Fenwick (Oak Park, Ill.)
- WR Dillon Spalding, 3 stars, Lorton, Va. (South County)
- QB Woodrow Lowe III, 3 stars, Central (Bolivar, Tenn.)
- WR Sam James, 3 stars, Richmond Hill, Ga.
- WR Bryce Wheaton, 3 stars, Holly Springs, N.C.
- G Briason Mays, 3 stars, Central (Bolivar, Tenn.)
- S Charlie Benton, 3 stars, Butler CC (Opelika, Ala.)
- DT James Gmiter, 3 stars, Bethel Park, Pa.
- CB Jayce Rogers, 3 stars, Valdosta, Ga.
- WR Randy Fields, 3 stars, St. Frances Academy (Baltimore)
- DT Tyrese Allen, 3 stars, Paintsville, Ky.
- OLB Josh Chandler, 3 stars, McKinley (Canton, Ohio)
- DE Tavis Lee, 3 stars, Martinsburg, W. Va.
- CB Keith Washington, 3 stars, Copiah-Lincoln C.C. (Wesson, Miss.)
- ATH Leddie Brown, 3 stars, Neumann Goretti (Philadelphia)
- T Oyenmwen Uzebu, 3 stars, Alpharetta, Ga.
West Virginia recruiting updates, signee tracker for the Early Signing Period
- According to the latest 247 Sports.com composite rankings, West Virginia has the No. 26 overall class in the nation and the No. 5 class in the Big 12.
- West Virginia was jilted on Tuesday when 3-star recruit Alex Williams of North High School of Pickerington, Ohio, decided to accept an offer from Ohio State.
- The Mountaineers hosted a huge group of potential targets the final weekend before the early signing period.
- One of the more notable commitment battles still left is for Blinn College (Texas) cornerback Dominique Harrison, who is deciding between the Mountaineers and his original pledge at Arizona State.
- The Mountaineers missed out on a potential key recruit when Jeremy Webb of ASA College, the No. 2 ranked junior college cornerback in the nation, opted instead for Virginia Tech.