The first week of the season features West Virginia as the Big 12’s only underdog in the early slate of games.
The Mountaineers are listed a 4½-point underdogs in their season opener against Virginia Tech in Landover, Md.
West Virginia and Virginia Tech are old Big East rivals who have met 51 times previously. The Mountaineers hold a 28-22-1 edge, but have lost six of the last eight in the series.
— Covers (@Covers) July 20, 2017
Big 12 point spreads for first week:
- Oklahoma -44 vs. UTEP
- Texas – 17 vs. Maryland
- Oklahoma State – 17 vs. Tulsa
- West Virginia +4½ vs. Virginia Tech
All of the other Big 12 openers are listed as off the board. Those six schools all are playing games from FCS conferences.
- Jackson State at TCU
- Central Arkansas at Kansas State
- Liberty at Baylor
- Eastern Washington at Texas Tech
- Northern Iowa at Iowa State
- Southeast Missouri at Kansas